A mind boggling 21,000 MOUs appear to have been signed at the Vibrant Gujarat Summit this year. Considering that this was a three day event and assuming it covered 12 hours a day and assuming people were signing MOUs left, right and center from the word go, it computes to a mind boggling 9.7 MOUs per minute or about one MOU signed per 6 seconds – every minute of the event.
Unless this is a “Narendra Modi rescues 15,000 Gujaratis from Uttarakhand floods” type news, it probably took a whole team of people to even record any MOUs happening accurately, let alone facilitating. Gujarat Government should disclose details of how they enabled such a miracle in the interest of enabling business knowledge in India.
I am a complete dud, so if any reader wants to explain even the basics to me in the comments, I’d be much grateful. Questions particularly plaguing my curiosity are:
- What is an MOU and what goes into signing one?
- Which are the parties that have to sign/witness it?
- How are signed MOUs recorded?
- How much time was actually provided for this signing?
- What sort of staff arrangements had to be made to even make something like this possible?