- Child Sexual Abusers can also be “safe” people like parents, teachers or school principal, though the clear talk that a doctor shouldn’t be touching them privately without parent present was welcome.
- The impression that a Child Sexual Abuser is an adult – is not necessarily true. They can also be school bullies or older children
- The impression that Child Sexual Abuse happens with children staying with their families is the tip of the iceberg. Boarding schools, trafficked children for begging, slavery, prostitution, for example, or the role of traditions or religions – temple girls, pedophilia by religious figures, cultural sanction to using boys for sexual abuse among some communities… Those are kids let down by every protector you could imagine. There are many things that people can resist in the world around them if they know to look for and confront them.
Founder at Aam Janata
Vidyut has a keen interest in mass psychology and using it as a lens to understand contemporary politics, social inequality and other dynamics of power within the country. She is also into Linux and internet applications and servers and has sees technology as an important area India lacks security in.
Latest posts by Vidyut (see all)
- Checking the latest provisional data from the Election Commission of India (with map) - June 8, 2019
- Comparison of Constituency-level “votes polled” & “votes counted” data #GeneralElections2019 #InteractiveMap - June 5, 2019
- A scathing indictment of the once respected, now suspected Election Commission of India - June 5, 2019