Because news channels are maintaining mostly a silence on this, it is important that you read it and encourage others to read it and make sure people of India – being kept in the dark – know about this.
This post was originally published on NDTV – republishing here on the off chance it “disappears”.
The Supreme Court has pulled up the government for seeking modification of its order on black money on disclosing names of alleged account holders in foreign banks. It has directed the Centre to place before it names of all alleged Indian account holders in foreign banks by tomorrow. This is what the judges said:
- We won’t change even a word of our order.
- New regime at the Centre can’t ask for modification of order when it was passed in an open court and accepted by the government.
- You do not do anything. Just pass information of account holders to us and we will pass order for further probe.
- Why are you providing protective umbrella to foreign bank account holders?
- We can’t leave the issue of bringing back black money to government. It will never happen during our time.
- You do not have to take interest in people (having foreign bank accounts), the SIT (Special Investigation Team) will take care of it.
Latest posts by Vidyut (see all)
- More than 1000 Citizens write to CM Devendra Fadnavis opposing proposed Aadhaar-Voter ID linking - August 15, 2019
- Checking the latest provisional data from the Election Commission of India (with map) - June 8, 2019
- Comparison of Constituency-level “votes polled” & “votes counted” data #GeneralElections2019 #InteractiveMap - June 5, 2019