- It is deposited into your Paypal account at which point, there is a small transaction fee Paypal applies.
- EVERY month, you must withdraw your balance to your bank account according to these new rules, so your dollars get converted into rupees (at which point Paypal earns another commission)
- Then, these rupees are deposited into your “real” bank account. If the amount deposited is less than Rs.7,000/-, Paypal charges you Rs.50/- as processing fee.
- Oh wait, but you have to pay for your webhosting, so you use your credit card, incur another transaction charge.
- Wait more. Your card is charged in rupees, so Paypal does another conversion, you are charged another commission.
- All this so that you can withdraw the money into your account so that it can be taxed? Hmm.
Founder at Aam Janata
Vidyut has a keen interest in mass psychology and using it as a lens to understand contemporary politics, social inequality and other dynamics of power within the country. She is also into Linux and internet applications and servers and has sees technology as an important area India lacks security in.
Latest posts by Vidyut (see all)
- Open letter to the Chief Justice of India - April 13, 2019
- Nationwide Protest by NREGA workers #NREGASangharshMorcha - March 2, 2019
- Repression of Activists cannot stop the second Kisan Long March - February 16, 2019