- The Prime Minister’s national relief fund is calling for donations. If you have netbanking, you ought to be able to use it to securely donate to PMNRF – Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund Many banks are offering links to donate funds for crisis relief after natural disasters like the Uttarakhand floods. Or you can snail mail a cheque or demand draft in the name of “Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund” and send to Prime Minister’s Office, South Block, New Delhi – 110011
- “CM Relief Fund Uttarakhand” to Secretariat, 4, Subash Road, Dehradun. SBI A/c No 30395954328; IFSC CODE SBIN0010164; SWIFT CODE SBININBB380.
- Goonj.org is a website that works for rescue and relief after natural disasters. They are currently working to help the survivors of the Uttarakhand floods. They accept aid in the form of money, clothing as well as other material contributions that can be put to good use by survivors. They have an extensive network where you can drop material contributions for relief at a location convenient to you and both Indians and foreigners can also donate online. You can volunteer for them where you live and organize collections of donations to facilitate greater aid.
- Some states (for some mysterious or greedy reason) have started their own Uttarakhand flood relief funds rather than contribute to the state or national ones. Or perhaps they use them for evacuations. Here are two examples. Will search more if I get time (unlikely):
- Uttar Pradesh CM Relief fund: 1378820696 Central Bank, Cantt branch, Lucknow or send cheque/draft to Sunil Kumar Pandey, deputy secretary, chief minister, Lal Bahadur Shastri Bhawan, Lucknow.
- Goa CM Relief fund: Will be used to rebuild villages, it seems, number of villages depending on amount of money collected. SBI account 33077450333 – not sure this is enough information to get the job done.
- Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh: Regardless of ideological roots, the RSS has always worked non-discriminatory citizen-led emergency responses for disaster relief since before we were a country. You can transfer a donation to their bank account ‘Uttaranchal Daivee Aapada Peedith Sahayata Samiti’ in SBI A/c No : 31156574681 Branch : SBI Main Branch, Dehradun IFC Code : SBIN0000630
- Doctors For You is seeking donations for running medical camps. Yes Bank A/C No: 000190300000030 Branch: Yes Bank, Worli branch, Mumbai IFSC Code: YESB0000001
- SeedsIndia is rushing temporary shelter materials and other essentials to Uttarakhand and is requesting funds. You can donate online at their website.
Founder at Aam Janata
Vidyut has a keen interest in mass psychology and using it as a lens to understand contemporary politics, social inequality and other dynamics of power within the country. She is also into Linux and internet applications and servers and has sees technology as an important area India lacks security in.
Latest posts by Vidyut (see all)
- Checking the latest provisional data from the Election Commission of India (with map) - June 8, 2019
- Comparison of Constituency-level “votes polled” & “votes counted” data #GeneralElections2019 #InteractiveMap - June 5, 2019
- A scathing indictment of the once respected, now suspected Election Commission of India - June 5, 2019