Getting ID paperwork done. Easiest fix seems to be to pay someone to assist with getting passport done. Will do.This is going to have to wait till I have a new residential address.
- One bank accounts are in married name, two are in maiden name. PAN Card is in maiden name. Reverting all to maiden name – or closing the ones that won’t change, opening new accounts.
- Taxes need to be filed for three years. I have nothing to pay, will probably get refund, but needs done. Big hassle with stuff misplaced with accountant a few years back never got fixed. Need to get that done.
- Rent a place to live. Cheap, small town, whatever. Electricity, water and internet reach (what little income I have is online) || Alternative has been suggested here that I wait to move out and purchase a flat and move into that. || Still checking out options.
- Contact women’s help organizations and ask if any other woman needs help getting out of abusive home and has a child or other constraints making it tough. She can live with me for free, help with my son, while I can provide basic needs for family, so she doesn’t have to wonder where to go, what if I starve, etc. either. I will get much needed back up for babysitting. and company.
- Contact some sort of lawyer and figure out divorce as well as maintenance or whatever my child and I are due, but not depend on it, or I’ll be stuck again. Work in progress.
- Ask for help as and when I need. Not borrow money, but ask for money given, so that I don’t begin new life with loans. In turn, try and keep an open house for women in trouble who need a place to stay. Spread the support, so to say.
Founder at Aam Janata
Vidyut has a keen interest in mass psychology and using it as a lens to understand contemporary politics, social inequality and other dynamics of power within the country. She is also into Linux and internet applications and servers and has sees technology as an important area India lacks security in.
Latest posts by Vidyut (see all)
- Open letter to the Chief Justice of India - April 13, 2019
- Nationwide Protest by NREGA workers #NREGASangharshMorcha - March 2, 2019
- Repression of Activists cannot stop the second Kisan Long March - February 16, 2019