- My Income Tax accounts. Someone at the accountant’s office fucked up and misplaced my bills and statements, etc. This was three years ago. I haven’t been able to consistently follow up and sort out that mess for three years now. Which is sad, because I don’t earn enough to be paying anything, and should be getting deductions back, if only I followed enough to file. I’m scared about this, because Wide Aware is a business account in the bank, so maybe more checking?
- Clearing out my credit card bill. Since Nisarga was born, I have not been able to complete and clear my credit card payments as I usually used to, with the result that I am paying a lot of money in interest.
- Nisarga’s entry on the ration card. He has a birth certificate, but his name is still not on a ration card – though seeing the Airtel fiasco, it is another matter completely if it is any use putting it there. We don’t get rations on it anyway.
- Filing for passport, driving licence. I had better get them made, and fast, unless I want to be in trouble. Nothing seems happening without these.
In other news, there are other things piling up that need done:
- Nisarga is overdue for some expensive tests. I need to stop dithering and get them done, because his health matters.
- I am thinking of getting some psychotherapy for the depression and whatever else is found in the garbage in my head. That needs done.
- Figuring out the scenario with the husband. I’d rather have a quick divorce and get my new documents in my new name, but that is an irresponsible reason to decide
- Transporting my things I left behind at home, and figuring out a way to do that with a kid in tow.
- Figuring out income and future. Where am I going?
In the background are constant tapes playing.
Love you all for your support.
- A relative warns me not to hassle my father with burdens at this age.
- Neighbour woman I say a random “hi” to after 5-6 years advises me to not get involved with any more men – this resembles my own conclusion, but is beyond insulting as an opening line. Particularly with sympathy to people whose lives I ruined.
- Father is forever trying to keep me at home. If I go down to the shop, he wants me to return fast. If I go to meet friends, I shouldn’t. They are “bad influence”. Don’t stay awake late, sleep early, don’t speak with men, etc.
- Apparently, the few people I knew had always felt we were a mismatched couple. So why had they not said something?
- Another epic from another relative. No one is going to give me a home after this. We shouldn’t complain when “our own coin is fake”. Yeah, “fake coin” is a metaphor for me. Thanks.
Founder at Aam Janata
Vidyut has a keen interest in mass psychology and using it as a lens to understand contemporary politics, social inequality and other dynamics of power within the country. She is also into Linux and internet applications and servers and has sees technology as an important area India lacks security in.
Latest posts by Vidyut (see all)
- Open letter to the Chief Justice of India - April 13, 2019
- Nationwide Protest by NREGA workers #NREGASangharshMorcha - March 2, 2019
- Repression of Activists cannot stop the second Kisan Long March - February 16, 2019