This post speaks for itself. Harbir Singh is basically calling for violence against Muslims. I am writing this blog to preempt overreactions and suggest that the only correct answer to what is very wrong is doing what is right in an impeccable manner. Hate and violence is not right. Hindus should not support this, Muslims should not react to this in an inappropriate manner.
The post was published here. It has since been taken down and Harbir Singh’s profile unavailable (unclear whether deleted or suspended). Harbir Singh is a columnist and works at Capital One. He writes for several newspapers including Times of India, Toronto Sun, New Delhi Times and The Nation (Pakistan).
Two things I can say here:
- Let the law deal with him. This is definitely illegal.
- Insist that publications that give reach to his voice stop publishing him and evaluate existing content for communally sensitive incitement.
Because India is a highly predictable country and outrage is the default mode, I think it is important that everyone stay calm and not give an unheard of journalist the credibility of either speaking for Hindus or making Muslims speak things they will regret. Don’t prove the idiot right by making threats. Don’t prove the idiot right by supporting this nonsense.
Keep calm and insist on what is right. We still have the law. We have courts.
Latest posts by Vidyut (see all)
- More than 1000 Citizens write to CM Devendra Fadnavis opposing proposed Aadhaar-Voter ID linking - August 15, 2019
- Checking the latest provisional data from the Election Commission of India (with map) - June 8, 2019
- Comparison of Constituency-level “votes polled” & “votes counted” data #GeneralElections2019 #InteractiveMap - June 5, 2019