Amit Shah and the mystery of vanishing news stories
It wouldn’t be the first time news stories reporting unfavorably on BJP President Amit Shah vanished from news websites without explanation. At other times, news organizations have been under tremendous pressure to redact stories, transfer editors and otherwise silence inconvenient news from reaching the masses. Here are some notable stories that vanished from several sites without any official redaction or explanation offered:
- Amit Shah director of cooperative bank that received the highest deposits of old notes before demonetisation
- 300% increase in the assets of BJP chief Amit Shah
- A new low in Indian politics
- 4000% increase in loans to Jay Shah
- Mamata Banerjee calls Narendra Modi ‘butcher of Gujarat’; here are 9 mythbusters on 2002 post-Godhra riots
Journalists and news organizations that faced pressure over journalistic work that shows Amit Shah’s potentially illegal dealings:
- Criminal defamation proceedings against The Wire for “The Golden touch of Jay Amit Shah” were overruled by the Supreme Court
- Niranjan Takle, who broke the first stories in The Caravan’s extensive coverage of Justice Loya’s death is unemployed.
- Rana Ayyub, author of Gujarat Files: Anatomy of a Cover Up who has done extensive reporting related with the Gujarat riots and Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case faced threats of rape and murder to the point that UN human rights experts called on the Indian government to protect her.
Please free to suggest stories this list misses in the comments.