Updated: Cyclone Phailin Information page
Note 2: For newer updates see information to donate or send aid.
Note: This page tracks resources. For monitoring breaking news from Cyclone Phailin, see the page for news updates about Cyclone Phailin. This page will be updated constantly. Please keep checking. Also check map of shelters, hospitals and control rooms.
Cyclone Phailin is a massive cyclone building in the Bay of Bengal and expected to hit India’s east coast by tomorrow evening. Its severity has been guaged as 4 (on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being worst) and is expected to rise to 5 by the time it hits landfall. The cyclone is expected to affect Andhra Pradesh, Odisha (Orissa) and Madhya Pradesh. This page aims to collect all relevant information. Feel free to use the comments to add resources or request resources.
- Over 500,000 evacuated in India via NDMA as of 5:00pm on 12th October
- Over 35,000,000 in the path of Phailin
- 20+ foot storm surge expected
- Joint Typhoon Warning Center estimated current significant wave height within Phailin ~56 ft.
- All trains between Howrah and Vishakhapatanam have been cancelled as a precautionary measure. 56 trains have been canceled,16 diverted&4-5 trains partially terminated.
- All flights to Odisha have been stopped, airports have been shut down
- Doctors for Seva has two medical teams on standby in Hyderabad and Chattisgarh for Cyclone Phailin relief work.
- At its peak, Cyclone #Phailin tied both the 1999 Cyclone & 2013’s Typhoon #Usagi: Earth’s strongest storm this year. http://t.co/o20mCoUN1M via @EricHolthaus
Helplines for Cyclone Phailin
Now there is a page with mapped helplines information
Control Room Contacts
Also Contact page for APEPDCL has details on various offices and customer service numbers.
|West Godavari District||Control Rooms|
|Power Supply Control Rooms|
|Eluru Circle Office||08812-231287/288920|
|Eluru Div Office||08812-252150/232151|
|Nidadavolu Div Office||08813-221093/221211|
|Bhimavaram Div Office||08816-223464/228628|
|Tadepalligudem Div Office||08818-221357/220777|
|Jangareddygudem Div office||08821-225844/226864|
|Technical DEO, Eluru Circle||94408 12703|
|Operations DEO, Eluru Circle||94408 12704|
|Technical EO, Eluru Circle||94906 10137|
|Operations DEO, Nidadavolu||94408 12706|
|Technical EO, Nidadavolu||94906 10142|
|Operations DEO, Bhimavaram||94408 12707|
|Technical EO, Bhimavaram||94906 10143|
|Operations EO, Tadepalligudem||94408 12705|
|Technical EO, Bhimavaram||94906 10140|
|Operations EO, Jangareddygudem||94910 49797|
|Technical EO, Jangareddygudem||94910 30712|
East Coast Railway Helplines
East Coast Railway Helplines Vizag-0891-2505793, 08935-249672, Vizianagaram-08922-225510, Srikakulam-08942- 28722 Naupada-08945-249728, Rayagada-06856-6222407, Koraput-06852-251802
List of cyclone shelters in Andhra Pradesh http://disastermanagement.ap.gov.in/website/shelters.htm
|Odisha||Total number: 10,042|
|Andhra||Icchapuram, Sompeta, Palasa,Etcherla, Kaviti mandals of Srikakulam dist: Total 32 shelters|
How to prepare for a cyclone
https://aamjanata.com/wp-content/uploads/cyclonephailin-131011031453-phpapp02.pdf Presentation by Archana Kulshrestha
Track Cyclone Phailin
Sources of updates closest to ground zero
Information on shelters, media, medical centers etc is at: https://docs.google.com/