Senator Joe Lieberman, who chairs the Senate Homeland Security Committee, called for organizations hosting WikiLeaks to terminate their relationship with the websitePlease note that so far, there has been no legal basis for this. These are only the words of an angry politician calling for censorship in a land that has enshrined the freedom of speech and media rights in its constitution.
US Puppets on the net
- Amazon – Discontinued the cloud hosting for wikileaks.
- EveryDNS – EveryDNS took the wikileaks.org domain name offline
- Paypal – Closed the wikileaks account and that of the German charity supporting it
- Tableau – took the Wikileaks data analysis graphs offline – what is more, it continues to benefit from phenomenal traffic generated by supporters of wikileaks.
- Swiss Bank Post Finance – Froze Julian’s legal defense fund account stating that it had frozen Julian Assange’s defense fund and personal assets (31K EUR) after reviewing him as a “high profile” individual. (High profile individuals apparently don’t have Swiss accounts – yeah right.)
- Mastercard – MasterCard is pulling the plug on payments to WikiLeaks, a move that will dry up another source of funds for the embattled document-sharing Web site
- Visa – Visa Europe has taken action to suspend Visa payment acceptance on WikiLeaks’ website pending further investigation into the nature of its business and whether it contravenes Visa operating rules.
- Australia Post – Australia Post insists its sudden decision to close the University of Melbourne Post Office has nothing to do with the fact that Box 4080 is the Australian postal address for submissions to the whistleblower website. Now this could risk innocents trying to expose injustice, but what do they matter?
- Wikipedia – Wikipedia has deleted the page containing information about the Wikileaks mirrors – alternate ways of accessing wikileaks
Please note that Mastercard and Visa both have no problems processing payments for KKK and Stormfront.
Also, feel free to buy the archive of Wikileaks Cablegate – the actual leaked documents (the site only had links and it got censored) for Kindle at Amazon and pay with Paypal, Mastercard or Visa!
US Branch offices – Countries / International Organizations engaged in persecution of Wikileaks and Julian Assange on behalf of US.
- Australia – No, I’m not kidding.
- Sweden – Apparently their laws consider consensual sex where a condom broke as rape.
- France – France adds to US pressure to ban website
- UK –
One of the most fascinating aspects of the Cablegate exposure is how it is throwing into relief the power dynamics between supposedly independent states like Switzerland, Sweden and Australia.
And… now comes the fun part
Here is a whole list of people who want Julian Assange criminalized and harmed. List of People who want Assange Criminalized
Support for Wikileaks
- Wikileaks is mirrored on
508 748 1005 12411368 sites…. and counting. We have a mirror right here too.
- Associate Professor Ben Saul is co-director of the Sydney Centre for International Law at the University of Sydney
- Peter Kemp, Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Darren Bailey, Solicitor of the Supreme Court of South Australia
- Naomi Wolf , American author and political consultant
- Kevin Rudd, Australia’s foreign minister
- Anonymous mobilized with DDoS attacks on entities suppressing wikileaks and threatening Assange. This brought some welcome pressure and coincidentally or not, was followed by:
- Wikileaks IT organization Datacell that processes their card payments is planning to sue Mastercard and Visa for terminating services to him.
- Global activist organization AVAAZ has launched a petition titled Wikileaks: Stop the crackdown
- The Bolivian GOVERNMENT is running a mirror on their official site!!! Heh. Suppress this?
- UN Representative for freedom of expression defends Wikileaks and Julian Assange
- After Julian was arrested and wrongly imprisoned by refusing bail, it has come to light that other prisoners are pushing notes expressing support under his door.