“Medical investigations are in progress. She is stable, but is severely malnourished, and has lost significant muscle mass, as a result of extreme starvation. We are treating her for a number of starvation-related disorders,” said Medical Superintendent C S Gawade from Bhagwati hospital.No mention of tuberculosis. Surprise! The police say Umesh Kuria will be charged with kidnapping because she was a minor. How typical of rapes – the man is innocent! This beyond pathetic of the cops. What is the use of eve teasing squads if they cannot recognize rape when they see it? The other thing is that the boy who is 17 is underage. So he won’t get severe consequences. What about his family? Are they not criminals to allow this to happen? And if they didn’t know, and he did this whole thing totally without them knowing, then is he really a child? ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ “It’s just another love story and not some crime saga,” said Mahesh Patil, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Zone 11). I suggest that his suspension be just another prevention of justice story and not something to be avoided. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ It is difficult to understand truth from lies here, but a few facts are as indisputable as the fact that she died.
- The accused is the person she was with for five months, and whether she went there willingly or not, she was subjected to rape, imprisonment and starvation. If her consent were valid, it still was domestic abuse that led to death.
- The police did not find the girl till she was dumped. The attempts they claim are unclear.
- There is still no mention of the police finding out what the locals around the shanty know.
- She was dumped on the street in a condition that eventually killed her.
- She lay on the street without assistance all night.
- Cops are playing down the crime by mis-stating facts, repeatedly referring to the criminal’s status as juvenile while making no efforts to arrest his guardians either who allowed this to happen.
- Media is not asking anything that makes the cops uncomfortable.
Founder at Aam Janata
Vidyut has a keen interest in mass psychology and using it as a lens to understand contemporary politics, social inequality and other dynamics of power within the country. She is also into Linux and internet applications and servers and has sees technology as an important area India lacks security in.
Latest posts by Vidyut (see all)
- Open letter to the Chief Justice of India - April 13, 2019
- Nationwide Protest by NREGA workers #NREGASangharshMorcha - March 2, 2019
- Repression of Activists cannot stop the second Kisan Long March - February 16, 2019